GeographySeptember 7, 2022 2023-03-07 12:10
As applicable to all Education Programmes in section. However, the degree programme trained students in education geography for the award of Bachelors of Science Degree in Education.
Philosophy, Aims and Objectives
The philosophy underlying the Geography degree programme is to produce a crop of graduates equipped with appropriate knowledge to make effective contributions to the development of Nigeria, Africa and the global community having been exposed to a broad foundation of knowledge in the field of Social Sciences in general and in the various sub-fields of Geography in particular.
PHYLOSOPHY AND Objectives
- To instil in students a sound knowledge of Geography, an appreciation of its applications in different socio-cultural contexts and to involve the students in an intellectually stimulating and satisfying experience of learning and studying the workings of
- To provide students with broad and well balanced knowledge of geographical theories and
- To cultivate in students the ability to apply their geographical knowledge and skills to the understanding and solution of societal problems in Nigeria and elsewhere.
- To provide students with relevant knowledge and skill base from which they can proceed to further studies in special areas of Geography or multi- disciplinary areas involving
- To instill in students an appreciation of the importance of Geography in spatial and environmental
- To develop in students a range of useful competencies in public, private or self- employment.
Below are the list of Programme Geographical and Environmental Education
BSc. Ed, / B.Sc. Geography
BSc. Transport Management
|S/N||Course Code||Course Title|
|1||GRP 101||Introduction to Elements Physical Geography (I & II)|
|2||GRP 112||Introduction to Elements of Human Geography (I & II)|
|3||GRP 121||Introductory Practical Geography|
|4||GRP 131||Elementary Land Surveying|
|5||GRP 122||Introduction to Environmental Science|
|6||GRP 201||Spatial Organization of Society|
|7||GRP 211||Introduction to Population Geography (I & II)|
|8||GRP 221||Regional Geography of Nigeria & West Africa (I & II)|
|9||GRP 231||Introductory Geomorphology & Soil Geography|
|10||GRP 301||Introductory Climatology and Biogeography|
|11||GRP 311||Advanced Quantitative Techniques (I & II)|
|12||GRP 321||Regional Geography of Africa|
|13||GRP 332||Economic Geography|
|15||GRP 401||Systematic Geography of Nigeria (I & II)|
|16||GRP 411||The Developing world|
|17||GRP 412||Introduction to Geographical Information Systems|
|18||GRP 421||Population Geography|
UTME: Five SSCE credit passes to include Geography/Physics, English Language and Mathematics.
UTME Subjects: Geography/Physics plus two other Social Science/Arts subjects.